This role for a Registered Nurse, who will be employed to provide care and support for clients in hospital in Essex.The post holder be working within a specialist clinical team in a positive learning environment which will enable the development of skills to provide contraceptive intervention and protocol guided sexually
transmitted and reproductive tract infection management.
The post holder will support the delivery of a high quality service by providing evidence based care, actively engaging with service development initiatives and maintain clear communication with service users, colleagues, management and other professionals.
- To work in a team , delivering a high standard of evidence based integrated sexual health care
- Develop an awareness of STI risks,testing & management
- Ensure the smooth running of clinical sessions
- Maintain a high level of infection prevention practice
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Be aware of organisations safeguarding procedures
- Maintain accurate records & documentation.
- Participate in the results management process
- Carry out venepuncture
- Participate in targeted sexual health interventions and promotion
- Teach self-examination of the breast and testes where applicable
- Maintain drug stock control and ordering.
- Membership of relevant meetings and attendance at courses to maintain clinical and professional competence and knowledge
- Undertake training for use of patient group directions and apply to practice.
- Manage elements of care as appropriately delegated
- Participate in training to develop competence non-face to face intervention